The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is providing educational training to hospitality professionals in Rwanda via eCornell online courses, virtual events and executive education courses. Our online courses will focus on various content areas such as hotel operations, service, leadership, financial management, marketing, and revenue management, which will be taught as a combination of both online courses and live, virtual synchronous events with Cornell faculty. Each course is delivered over a four-week period, with a short break in between each course, so students can still work while taking classes. The full duration of the certificate program will last approximately 10-12 months and upon completion of the program, students will receive a certificate in Hospitality Management from Cornell University.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Between 17-35 years of age
- Employed within the hospitality and tourism industry and currently holding a position at a supervisory or managerial level, or be entering a position at this level
- Access to a computer and internet
- Must be able to complete all courses in a 12-month period (courses last four weeks with one or more weeks off in between courses)